As the winter months are drawing to a close the thing on most people's minds is holidays and summer fun. However, summer isn't much fun if you can't shed that winter weight that hangs on after Christmas and from the comfort eating to keep you warm.
A lot of people think it's impossible to dorp the "extra" pounds you put on during the hibernation months, but the reality is you can actually lose quite a bit of weight if you watch what you eat, drink a lot of water, do more exercise, eat healthy foods during the remaining winter months, and have a goal set to where you'd like to be. Here are the top 5 ways to lose weight for the summer explained.
- Drink lots of water. If you drink more your stomach will feel more full and that will help to stop you eating so much. If you drink a pint of water every time you feel hungry and then wait for half an hour it is likely that you will not longer want that snack. Also drink before every meal so you feel more full and won't eat so much.
- Remove all the junk foods from your cupboards. If you don't have tempting food in the house they you wont be able to snack on it. So get rid of everything that is high in fat or contains sugar and replace it with raw nuts and seeds and dried fruit to snack on instead.
- Do more exercise. Even the smallest amount of exercise makes a bit difference, so choose the stairs instead of the lift, walk to the shop instead of taking the car, and take the kids to the park and walk around while they play.
- Eat healthy stews and soups to warm you up. These are low in fat and the high liquid content makes you feel full. They also contain no carbohydrates which make you crave more food and help to pile on the pounds.
- Have a weight you are aiming towards and a date to acheive it by. This will help you focus on your goal of losing weight. Try to get a friend or family member to lose weight to and have a competition to see who can lose weight fastest. You can encourage each other along the way as well as having another reason to try to lose weight.
By keeping all of these in mind you are on your way to losing some weight before the summer season, and remember you need to focus on your goals and you will always achieve what you're trying to reach!